By: Jaaziel Job
BOY EPIC is not you average boy from Texas. This young lad has been hitting up quite a storm amongst young pop music lovers online. With over 100,000 twitter followers, it is no surprise that he is where he is now! It might be the fact that he is extremely good looking or the fact that he has amazeballs talent but the people online are loving this sweet lad! His music is all about fun, crazy and catchy party tunes.
WALK MY WAY is one of Boy Epic's more popular songs. Boosting over 11,000 views on YouTube, this song sounds very radio/club friendly. With a strong passion for the arts and film making, BOY EPIC ensures his videos are nothing short of a Mona Lisa. It's good to see that there are still artiste who strive at being honest...creatively.
With over 130,000 views on YouTube, TOO YOUNG TOO LOVE is a teenage love anthem! A fantastically produced piece of art! Boy Epic would be a good addition to our pop culture. Spread his music and make this world a better place.
luvthelife had the honour of interviewing this talented gem!
1) Firstly, tell me about yourself and who you are as an artiste?
- My name is Boy Epic and I'm an artist from Dallas, TX (USA). I make Pop music but i don't want people to think I'm in the studio everyday writing songs that all sound the same. I write what i feel and I hope to write music people can connect with.
2) You recently released "Bonnie", tell us about this track and what inspired it?
- "Bonnie" is a song that made me push myself as an artist. I wanted to explore different genres and incorporate it into Pop. My producer (Cut Down Trees) and I used actual gun shots to form part of the beat for the chorus. We are always trying new things and we're extremely happy how the song turned out. The subject matter for "Bonnie" explores relationships and how far people are willing to go for love.
3) "Too Young Too Love" is your most popular song, tell fans and potential fans what this song is about?
- "Too Young To Love" was definitely a hard song to write because the story behind it is true. The lyrics in the song describe a part of my life that was extremely hard to deal with and I felt like my story needed to be told. I'm sure everyone's been through heartbreak and the difficulties of a failed relationship and i really wanted to connect with my fans on a personal level.
4) Who are you musical influences?
- I get asked this question a lot and to be honest I've never really had any musical influences. I'm not sure if that's normal but what influences me is life and the promises I've made to my family and friends. I work hard and I've never given up on anything. I push myself everyday to do better and stay positive. Plus, waking up everyday knowing that over 100,000 people follow me on Twitter now is INSANE! My fans (EPICS) are so awesome and I love them!
5) If you could collaborate with anyone in today's industry, who would you pick?
- Selena Gomez.....my crush ;)
6) When and how did you know that music was a career path for you?
- Being onstage performing music in front of people is the only time i really feel alive. It's what makes me happy and i don't care if it takes 5 or 10 or 15 years to gain success. The struggle is worth it. This is my dream.
7) Apart from music, do you have other hobbies?
- Although, music is 99.9% of my life, i am rather interested in film-making and acting. Maybe one day I'll explore that part of the entertainment industry. As for now I like to direct all my own music videos. I also love to cook, so when the day comes that my looks start to fail me I'd be interested in opening my own restaurant.
8) For the sake of your female fans I have to throw this one in: Describe your ideal girl?
- First off, ladies, you're all gorgeous and amazing in my eyes. No one is perfect, remember that. My ideal girl would have to be honest and faithful with a fun, carefree personality. She would have to be herself around me. I'm not about that fake life. You could put a pretty girl in front of me but if she has an ugly personality, i would never speak to her. I made that mistake once, and I'll never make it again.
9) Lastly, a message for Singaporean fans/ new Singaporean fans?
- Dear Singaporean EPICS I love you guys and i can't wait to hopefully meet all of you one day when I'm on tour. You guys are the reason why i do what i do so thank you so much for all your love and support. I have a lot of new music coming out so get ready!!!
You can find Boy Epic on these platforms!
Love Out Loud
Fall Out Boy
Set In Motion
Before You Exit
These Brittle Bones
Boys Like Girls
Hands Like Houses
LTLtalk is an entertainment blog that is part of LTLmagazine.